Recovering from drug addiction is one of the most challenging things a person will face during their lifetime.
The initial recovery period brings on much stress and discomfort â€“ the recovery symptoms are both emotional and physical.
If not treated carefully, man give up recovery and return to the addiction. Spiritual practices, such as Chakra, Reiki can help.
Brainwave Entrainment also offers a drug-free alternative to a recovering drug addict.
How can Chakras help to treat drug addiction and other behavioral problems?
Chakras are wheels of energy within our bodies that influence our mental, physical and spiritual well-being. There are seven primary Chakras, the positions of which correspond to major nerve ganglia locations along the spine. The Chakras interact with the physical body and mind via the nervous and endocrine systems. When Chakras are out of balance (overactive or underactive), the body attempts to balance itself. This may manifest itself in negative behaviors or emotional pain. It is pure instinct, outside of conscious control.
For example, take the chronic disease diabetes. An undiagnosed sufferer unconsciously attempts to balance the illness by drinking large quantities of water to flush out unprocessed sugar from their blood stream. This action is automatic; the sufferer has no control.
With unbalanced Chakras, the body’s coping mechanism may include abnormal or even addictive behavior. Each of the 7 Chakras has its influence on the mind and body. For a more detailed overview of each Chakra, please check out this post: Beginners Chakra Meditation and Balancing: What is Chakra
In addition to the above, each Chakra relates to specific addictions. Balance the Chakras and release the addictive feelings.
At first sight, balancing the Chakra related to the particular drug addiction might seem the ideal solution.
However, I look at Chakra as being a holistic (whole body) healing method. Just healing one Chakra is like trying to balance a wonky table. Put something under one leg of the table, then one of the other legs needs adjusting too.
For me, the ideal solution is to take a pragmatic approach and balance each Chakra in order, from the Root up to the Crown. It takes longer, but perhaps with fewer side effects. Take a look at this post for how to balance each Chakra with meditation, hand position mantra: How to Open Your Chakras and Chakra Balancing
Below we list each Chakra and their respective addictions and behaviors.
- The Root Chakra
- Location: Base of the spine.
- Aspect: Safety and security
- Addictions: money, security, safety, food, gambling, shopping, work, heroin, cocaine, alcohol, milk, fat, meats.
- The Sacral Chakra
- Location: Pelvic region.
- Aspect: Emotion and Sexuality.
- Addictions: alcohol, heroin, painkillers, sex, porn, Gluten, wheat, starchy carbs, grain based alcohol, chocolate.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Location: Navel and lower stomach
- Aspect: Personal will, drive and self-identity
- Addictions: speed, meth, cocaine, caffeine, work, sex, anger, Cannabis, cocaine, caffeine, carbonated beverages, corn-based alcohol, beer, corn processed sugars
- The Heart Chakra
- Location: Heart area and chest.
- Aspect: Love, compassion, and openness
- Addictions: nicotine/tobacco, sugar, love, marijuana, Ecstasy, smoking, sugars and sweets, wine and the more sugary alcohols, opiates
- The Throat Chakra
- Location: Base of the throat.
- Aspect: communication, creativity, and self-expression.
- Addiction: marijuana, opiates, food, nicotine/tobacco
- The Minds Eye Chakra
- Location: Forehead.
- Aspect: Thinking and Cognition.
- Addictions: hallucinogens, marijuana, chocolate, caffeine
- The Crown Chakra
- Location: Top of the head.
- Aspect: religion and spirituality
- Addictions: mind altering substances and activities.
Reiki is not a cure for drug addiction. But Reiki treatment, or learning Reiki for self-healing, will give a real boost to the recovery process.
Recovery from addictions is hard and the early stages, especially so. Reiki is most beneficial as self-treatment will always be available. Reiki Level 1 is more than adequate this purpose. Start with a professional treatment, to see how it works for you. The Reiki practitioner may recommend a Reiki master for teaching.
How Reiki Helps Drug Addiction Recovery
The potential benefits for people recovering from a drug addiction include:
- Reduce withdrawal symptoms.
- Reduce stress and emotional problems.
- Help to increase confidence
If you are looking for a more science-based protocol to help with drug addiction, consider brainwave entrainment (BWE). Brainwave entrainment encodes periodic stimulus into an audio recording to guide the mind into the desired state. For more information on BWE checkout Rewiredbrain.net.
Many BWE protocols and frequencies help with addiction:
- 12-15 Hz (SMR)
Healthy individuals show a lot of activity in this frequency band. However, most drug addicts have little SMR activity. BWE sessions with SMR will help with sleep and focus.
- 7.83 Hz – The Schumann Resonance
The Schumann Resonance increases blood flow to the brain, perhaps up to 30%. Increased flow aids brain function and increase nutrient absorption. This frequency is in the alpha range. It is a recommended frequency for affirmations, auto-suggestions, and visualizations.
- For instance giving up smoking:
Affirmation: “You love your healthy lungs, to feel relaxed just think about relaxation.
Auto-suggestion: “I breath clean air into my lungs – I feel relaxed.”
- For instance giving up smoking:
Same as the first session, but includes a technique called Disassociation which is helpful for people with chattery minds.
SMR session that helps to train the mind for better sleep.
We hope these sessions will be useful to you – please check the medical disclaimer before use.